There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submissions are now open for Spring '23 issue.
DEADLINE: December 15th at 11:59PM
IMPORTANT - HAUTE DISH IS FOR METRO STATE COMMUNITY ONLY!
Submissions are limited to students, faculty, staff and alumni of Metropolitan State University in St Paul, Minnesota ONLY.
No outside submissions, sorry. For some reason we are getting a lot of submissions from around the world. While we appreciate your interest we can not accept your work for consideration.
**Please read carefully as our guidelines have recently changed!**
Please note that if you wish to have special formatting for your submission, please say so at the end of your submission. You can then email us the 'formatted' version if your piece gets accepted.
WHO CAN SUBMIT:
- Submissions are limited to students, faculty, staff and alumni of Metropolitan State University in St Paul, MN.
- No outside submissions, sorry. Students currently enrolled at Metropolitan State University -- undergraduate or graduate -- may submit to any issue. Faculty, staff and alumni of Metropolitan State University may also submit to any issue.
- Submission contact info MUST include a student, staff or faculty Metropolitan State University email address.
- If submitting as alumni, indicate that on your bio and include graduation year and major in your bio info.
DEADLINE FOR Spring 2023 ISSUE IS Decemebr 15th, 2022 AT MIDNIGHT.
- We are now accepting electronic submissions from Metropolitan State University students, staff, faculty and alumni for the Spring 2023 issue. Submit your color or B/W photography, illustrations, poetry, memoir/personal essay, fiction, creative nonfiction or digital storytelling videos.
- Fiction, memoir/personal essay, creative nonfiction submissions: maximum of 3000 words.
- Photography - Color or B/W - submit at the highest res you have available.
- Poetry: maximum of 40 lines.
- Digital Storytelling: Subject matter is open; Metropolitan State rules on content publication apply. Videos can be B/W or color. File type should be MP4 or MOV. Length: 5 minutes or less.
- Studio Art (illustration, painting, sculpture, mixed media) - submit photos of your work (for sculpture or mixed media photos of all angles helps and include the story behind your inspiration if you wish.)
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know ASAP if your work is accepted somewhere else.
- We can not publish previously published work. (If it's just been on your personal blog or Website, that's fine.)
- Graphic Novels, comics or cartoons should be submitted as Studio Art, which will accept pdf files.
- You may send us up to 4 submissions in any genre for each issue.
- Please make sure your name does not appear on the work itself. The editors who vote on these pieces do so anonymously.
- If your work is accepted, we require non-exclusive print rights to publish it in one issue of our print magazine. We also require non-exclusive electronic rights indefinitely so we can include it in our online issue and archives. All other rights remain yours.
Please make sure to include the following information in your cover letter with each piece you submit:
- Your name and Metropolitan State University email address (if alumni, indicate graduation date and field of study)
- Your status at Metropolitan State
- A SHORT third-person bio (max. 150 words)